contributed by Allison Plesko
The many benefits of Cilantro include:
- Helps eliminate from the body heavy metals such as mercury, lead, and aluminum from the body
- Oils contain digestive enzymes assisting with digestion and nausea
- Anti-Bacterial properties- contains Dodecenal which has been shown to fight salmonella
- Anti-Inflammatory effects
- Naturally contains iron, magnesium and dietary fiber
- Immune boosting properties
- Raises good cholesterol and lowers bad cholesterol
- Assists with urinary tract infections
- Lowers blood sugar
- Contains phytonutrients and flavonoids such as Quercetin, which helps the body fight free radicals
Enough cilantro (not packed down) to fill blender
2 Tablespoons olive oil
2 lemons or limes, juiced
2-5 cloves garlic, pressed
sea salt to taste
1/2-1 cup walnuts (or preferred nut or seed)
How to make it:
1. Put in blender and process until course.
2. You may have to stop it and push it down with a spatula.
3. Enjoy with gluten free crackers or chips.
1 small, ripe, organic red apple of your choice
1 small, ripe, organic pear of your choice
2 large handfuls of organic cilantro leaves
1 large handful of organic mixed greens
1-2 teaspoon honey or agave nectar
2 cups pure water (can use coconut water)
1 tablespoon of protein powder- gluten free (Pro Zone Vanilla)
(Optional- honey or agave nectar to taste)
How to Make:
1. Wash and core pear and apple, leaving the peels on them.
2. Wash cilantro well and place all ingredients in a blender.
3. Add protein powder and ice if needed.
4. May add honey or agave to your preferred taste.
5. Blend, pour into a glass and enjoy.